OVERVIEW: Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with 900 + attorneys in offices across the U.S. and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets.
POSITION SUMMARY: For the Support Services department, works with various word processing and other software applications in order to produce documents for attorneys and staff according to established policies and procedures: e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, Visio, ChangePro, BigHand and Abbyy. Possible knowledge of ChemDraw, PhotoShop or PaintShop Pro preferred but not required.
- Operates a computer with multiple software applications in order to transcribe digital dictation, handwritten edits and process a variety of documents. Types, revises and finalizes Word documents, including correspondence, memoranda, pleadings, reports and other legal and non-legal related items for the firm’s practice and administrative areas. Creates and maintains appropriate formatting utilizing DM formatting. Creates and/or revises Adobe, Word forms, PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Thoroughly reads instructions accompanying material or follows verbal instructions from supervisor or person requesting document to determine format and content.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and neatness for all related documents. Proofreads and edits documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting. Makes appropriate corrections.
- May input data for revisions or editing using digital scanning devices.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints. Possess the ability to multi-task.
- Operates standard office equipment, including copiers, digital dictation, facsimile, and telephone.
- May record work to be billed to clients.
- Keeps record of work performed in our document filing system. Appropriately stores completed documents. Prints documents, loads paper in printer and changes ink cartridges, as necessary.
- Interacts positively with clients, attorneys and staff; observes confidentiality of client and other firm matters.
- Works closely with administrative support staff. Maintains a team orientation towards work.
- Performs other related duties, as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Minimum of three years’ word processing experience, law office experience preferred.
- Ability to transcribe documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation or transcription at a level of 70 w.p.m.
- Ability to read and write in order to proof and perform minor editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters. Ability to update document profiles on our electronic systems at a level normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent.
- Possesses a high level of technical competency using various software packages. Understands all aspects or have the ability to acquire the firm’s word processing software packages. Familiarity with firm forms, document formats and printing requirements preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate successfully either in person, by phone or e-mail. Must be able to follow instructions very effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work occasionally requires more than 35 to 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours; punctuality is essential for this function.
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, vision, and prescription plans.
- Commuter, HSA and FSA spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance coverage
- 401k and Pension Plan
- 20 vacation days, 11 paid holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus ($3,000.00)
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Shawn Tato, HR Assistant at 215-979 1224.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with our Website Disclaimer and (if applicable) our relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information). Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris. Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy. Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
Data Privacy Statement
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.