Position: Legal Assistant
OVERVIEW: Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with 950 + attorneys in offices across the U.S. and in select locations internationally that offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets.
SUMMARY: We are seeking a litigation Legal Assistant with 7+ years of experience to work with our securities industry dispute resolution team, assisting in both substantive and logistics. While prior experience in assisting in the securities litigation or related areas is not necessary, experience in business and complex litigation in court and/or arbitration is important. You’ll be joining a dynamic and close-knit group who are hardworking but also fun and flexible.
• Assist in drafting, formatting and finalizing various pleadings, briefs and legal documents and generate Table of Contents and Table of Authorities as appropriate
• E-file various legal documents in federal court, state court, or with regulatory agencies and coordinate service of process as appropriate
• Review and distribute incoming court documents and correspondence to attorney team and file same in iManage or with Records Department
• Calendar federal court, state court, SEC, or FINRA deadlines in eDockets
• Assemble exhibits and relevant documents for depositions, witness preparation, witness interviews, and trial
• Coordinate logistics for depositions, trials, client meetings, and firm meetings, including reservations (flights, cars, hotel rooms, “war room” spaces, conference rooms), catering, court reporting, copy vendor services, trial consultants, and liaising with in-house Audio Visual team and Office Services team
• Open new matters, submit conflicts checks, and prepare engagement agreements
• Prepare and submit expense reimbursement requests and vendor invoices in Chrome River
• Enter attorney time in InTapp and assist attorneys with proofing, editing, and processing client bills in Proforma Tracker
• Enter and maintain contact information in Outlook for clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, and vendors
• Assist with CLE compliance, bar membership fees, and court admissions
• Coordinate responses to client audit request letters
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, iManage, Chrome River, InTapp Time, eDockets, Proforma Tracker, or equivalent applications
• At least 7 years of law firm experience
• Experience with e-filing in federal court, state court, or with regulatory agencies
• Thorough understanding of litigation and arbitration proceedings
• Demonstrated attention to detail, time management skills, organizational skills, verbal & written communication skills, problem-solving mindset, and collaborative spirit
• High school diploma required. Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Comprehensive healthcare, dental, vision and prescription plans
• Commuter, HSA and FSA spending accounts
• Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance coverage
• 401k and pension plan
• 22 PTO days, 11 paid holidays
• Employee referral bonus ($3,000.00)
• Professional development training
• Fertility support benefits
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Shawn Tato, HR Assistant at 215-979-1224.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with our Website Disclaimer and (if applicable) our relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information).
Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris. Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.