OVERVIEW: Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with 800 + attorneys in offices across the U.S. and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets.
SUMMARY: We a looking for a Floater Legal Assistant who has experience working in multiples practice groups. Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties for attorneys to whom assigned. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client and other firm matters.
- Operates a computer with multiple applications; transcribes dictation.
- Types and proofreads correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents; drafts standard correspondence, memoranda and other documents.
- Electronically files legal case documents in State and Federal Courts.
- Screens telephone calls and records messages.
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail. Ensures that outgoing mail is delivered on a timely basis. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery services and follows up on timely delivery.
- Establishes and maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems; utilizes master calendar system.
- Opens new files, requests conflict of interest checks with record center and maintains on-line and hard-copy files. Conducts periodic reviews for possible storage of older files; prepares files to be closed.
- Appropriately and on a timely basis, records work to be billed to clients.
- Possesses knowledge of key clients and contacts.
- Receives clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney/client relationships.
- Makes appointments and assists with travel arrangements for attorneys.
- Work occasionally requires more than 35 to 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours.
- Works closely with administrative support staff. Maintains a team orientation towards work. Coordinates with support departments and performs overload typing, filing, photocopying, faxing, or reception relief as time permits and as requested by other attorneys or the office manager.
- Performs other related duties, as requested.
- Ability to read and write in order to skillfully proofread and perform minor editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters. Performs non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents. Maintains accurate, complete and up-to-date records and filing.
- Ability to accurately transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation or transcription at a level of 70 w.p.m.
- Possesses high level of technical competency on all Microsoft Office and various other job-related software packages and applications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints.
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate successfully either in person, by phone or e-mail. Must be able to follow instructions very effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact. Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality related to all functions.
- Minimum High school diploma required; Associate certificate or college degree preferred. Minimum of five (5) years on-the-job experience necessary in order to gain an understanding of law office policies and procedures and produce accurate legal documents with limited supervision.
- The working conditions described below are representative of those related to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The incumbent may be required to sit, stand, walk, talk or listen for extended periods of time. Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain while producing a high volume of work related to essential and other duties. Because of the volume of work performed by computer, the incumbent is required to spend a considerable amount of time typing and looking at computer monitors.
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, vision, and prescription plans.
- Commuter, HSA and FSA spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance coverage
- 401k and Pension Plan
- Up to 27 PTO days, 9 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus ($3,000.00)
- Professional Development Training
- Back-Up (Family) Care Advantage and Employee Assistance Program
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Shawn Tato, HR Assistant at 215-979 1224.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with our Website Disclaimer and (if applicable) our relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information).
Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris.
Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
Data Privacy Statement
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.