OVERVIEW: Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with 800+ attorneys in offices across the U.S. and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets.
SUMMARY: We are seeking a Real Estate Legal Assistant to provide legal support to assigned attorneys dealing with real estate closings and transactional documents production. The ideal candidate must be well versed in industry best practices, and comfortable manage the life cycle of high priority cases.
- Assists attorneys with real estate closing and transactional document production.
- Prepares, redact and redline legal documents, including organizational, leasing, loan and acquisition/disposition documents.
- Monitors/research entity status, liaising with corporate agents to facilitate filings.
- Assist attorneys with the formation, maintenance and dissolving of corporate and real estate related entities.
- Conducts title and survey diligence research for real estate transactions.
- Effectively establishing and maintaining well organized files, while managing the integrity of original client or adverse counsel documents in various formats, such as hardcopy, electronic, and various eRoom platforms.
- Other administrative duties such as conflict checks and waivers, engagement letters, and business development initiatives as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize responsibilities
- Team player with a strong desire to contribute to the firm’s success
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation usage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a large law firm setting
- Commercial real estate or transactional experience is required
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
- Commuter, HSA and FSA Spending Accounts
- Short-term and Long-term Disability and Life Insurance Coverage
- Up to 27 PTO Days, 9 Paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus ($3,000.00)
- Professional Development Training
- Back-Up (Family) Care Advantage and Employee Assistance Program
PAY TYPE : Hourly
ANNUAL PAY RANGE: $75,000-95,000
Please Note: The hourly and/or annual salary amount is based on a *good faith* compensation analysis in pursuant of California Bill 1162, Section 432.3. Final starting salary/wage is dependent on the candidate’s experience level, industry expertise, skills and other factors that are defined in the job description.
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Shawn Tato, HR Assistant at 215-979-1224.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris
LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with our Website Disclaimer and (if applicable) our
relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information).
Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris.
Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
Data Privacy Statement
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.