Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and around the world, is seeking a Legal Assistant for its Austin office. Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties for legal professionals in Litigation with a focus on operational excellence and customer service. Interested in candidates that are highly organized with strong technical skills. Prior experience with large firm billing software experience preferred. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively to meet tight deadlines. Interested in team players that possess strong communication skills to interact professionally with clients, attorneys and staff. Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience working with a document management system preferred.
- Drafts, types and proofreads correspondence, memoranda and other legal documentation; drafts and maintains lists, tables and Excel worksheets. Experience in litigation and/or corporate practice preferred.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, including booking conference rooms, arranging catering, printing documents, coordinating schedules, and greeting clients
- Manage travel and expenses, including making travel arrangements and processing expenses for legal professionals
- Provide general administrative support to legal professionals including maintaining calendars and schedules, answering phones, organizing, copying and scanning documents, and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Conduct research and collate information as requested
- Implement and maintain effective office organizational systems
- Other administrative and support duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- High School diploma with at least 3-5 years of related administrative or legal assistant experience. Specific knowledge of employment litigation preferred.
- Must possess a high level of technical competency on various job-related computer software packages and applications including MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them in a timely manner on an on-going basis, as well as under strict time constraints when necessary.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to proofread material for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors required
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate successfully either in person, by phone or through e-mail.
- Must be able to follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys, staff and provide information with professional courtesy and tact.
- Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality related to all functions.
Duane Morris LLP offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, 401(k) with firm match, pension, life insurance and generous PTO.