Job Title: Paralegal
Practice Group: Corporate
OVERVIEW: Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with 800+ attorneys in offices across the U.S. and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets.
SUMMARY: We are seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal to provide assistance to firm attorneys and administrative support to the Legal Team. Specifically, the position will involve assisting attorneys with corporate and securities matters including maintaining corporate records and filings, including obtaining and maintaining SEC filer access codes, and preparing and filing federal Form D and state blue sky filings. Ideal candidate will also have experience with commercial finance matters including lien, suits and judgment searches and UCC filings, as well as experience with, annual business report filings with state agencies.
· Conducts legal research and gather relevant information to corporate and transactional matters, identifies appropriate laws and analyze information.
· Works with attorneys in the preparation and filing of securities and UCC documents and business entity annual reports.
· Creates, binds and distributes both file and courtesy copies.
· Pulls relevant documents, proofreads papers, organizes files and creates document indices upon the closing of transactions.
· Assists in preparing legal documents such as corporate certificates and forms.
· Provides administrative support for attorneys in the office in connection with business transactions. Please note that at least three days of in-office presence is required.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytical and time management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
· Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate or at least 3 years of equivalent experience
· Minimum 1-year experience at a corporate legal or law firm (Notary certification is a plus)
· Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
· Commuter, HSA and FSA Spending Accounts
· Short-term and Long-term Disability and Life Insurance Coverage
· 401k and Pension Plans
· 22 PTO days, 11 paid holidays
· Employee Referral Bonus ($3,000.00)
- Professional Development Training
- Fertility Support Benefits
· Back-Up (Family) Care Advantage and Employee Assistance Program
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact HR Assistant, Shawn Tato, at 215-979-1224.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with our Website Disclaimer and (if applicable) our relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information).
Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris.
Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.