Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and around the world, is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant in our Baltimore office.
- Receives clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney/client relationships
- Maintains current knowledge of clients and contacts
- Organizes and coordinates legal meetings including client interviews, hearings and depositions.
- Recording time in DTE. time entry system
- Preparing and managing correspondence
- Proofreading and editing legal documents
- Preparing and processing standard legal documents including subpoenas, contracts, summons, appeals, motions, etc.
- Setting up and maintaining databases and files
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining schedules and calendars including court diaries
- Opening new files, requesting conflict of interest checks with record center and maintaining on-line and hard copy files
- Coordinating billing, proofing billing sheets, and reviewing and editing bills
- Making appointments and assisting with travel arrangements
- Other administrative duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum five years’ experience in a legal environment, preferably with experience in litigation with knowledge of local, state and federal filing rules
- Working knowledge of legal procedures and legal terminology
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Transcription and typing skills (70 w.p.m.) for legal documents, correspondence, rough draft and dictation.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel); E-filing; Chrome River is a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize within strict time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively in person and electronically.
- Ability to follow instructions from a diverse group of clients and attorneys
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, 401(k) with firm match, pension, life insurance and generous PTO. EEO/AA/M/F/V/D