JOB TITLE: Receptionist
LOCATION: Dallas Office
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
SUMMARY: The receptionist performs an important role within the Firm by being the first person a client encounters and can have a tremendous impact on the Firm's ability to make a positive impression and offer quality customer service. The receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support. The receptionist observes the confidentiality of clients and all Firm matters. The hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Answer, screen and direct calls to the appropriate individual in a professional manner.
- Makes visitors welcome.
- General Office Tasks:
- Files and maintains records, copies documents, and schedules meetings.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, deliveries, faxes and other communications; facilitates the dispersal of outgoing communications.
- E-mails important announcements to other staff members as directed by Office Manager.
- Attorney and Staff Support:
- Assists with light overflow of revising legal documents.
- Assists Legal Assistants with producing and disseminating mass mailings.
- Manages office calendar.
- Database Maintenance:
- Updates CLE database; tracking attorney compliance with State requirements
- Assists Records Clerk with indexing.
- Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Prepares check requests.
- Submits Attorney’s expenses and vendors invoices through Chrome River.
- Maintains and assembles marketing materials.
- Handles facilities requests.
- Secures meeting space both inside and outside the office.
- Makes reservations for business lunches or orders in.
- Clears meeting room when finished.
- Tests video and computer equipment and assists with set-up of video meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum knowledge, skills, and experience requirements):
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years previous experience in a fast paced legal or corporate environment
- Ability to answer any type of call, no matter the situation, in a calm and courteous manner.
- Strong clerical skills: filing, data entry, math, IT
- Writing and proofreading skills
- Some knowledge of legal terms may be necessary
- Superior customer service skills
- Effective team working skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Precise attention to detail
The working conditions described below are representative of those related to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Receptionist may be required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as stand, walk and climb up on a footstool or step ladder. Because of the volume of work performed by computer, the Receptionist is required to spend a considerable amount of time typing and looking at computer monitors. The Receptionist may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of office staff or clients.
Will be required to be on-site to perform job duties. Occasional overtime may be required.
Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today's evolving global markets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, 401(k) with firm match, pension, life insurance and generous PTO. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D