OVERVIEW: Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with 800+ attorneys in offices across the U.S. and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets.
SUMMARY: Duane Morris is seeking an experienced Trust & Estate Paralegal to join our Private Client
Services group. In this position, the paralegal will be working with a team of attorneys in
connection with all aspects of estate and trust administration. This is a client-facing role so a
strong candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills
- Serve as the primary point of contact for trustees and executors during the administration
- Prepare tax-related documents for attorney review including estate tax returns and gift tax returns.
- Interface with ancillary professionals such as CPAs, financial advisors, and appraisers.
- Prepare documents related to closely held entities, assist with state filings, and assist with ongoing maintenance of entities.
- Prepare trust and estate administration documents for attorney review including petitions, notices, certifications of trust, application for employer identification numbers, allocation schedules, asset transfer documents, and various correspondence.
- Manage the docket for trust and estate administration cases including ensuring deadlines are calendared and met.
- Preferred: Trusts & Estates litigation experience and California Notary.
- Required: Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, experience with document management system, proficient with Adobe Acrobat and Excel Preferred: iManage and estate tax return software of any nature
- Additional qualifications include excellent analytical and organizational abilities, solid communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, strong computer abilities and initiative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Required: ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate. Preferred: Certification in Estate Planning or Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of paralegal experience in a Trusts & Estates Practice Group. Additional qualifications include excellent analytical and organizational abilities, solid communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, strong computer abilities and initiative.
- Current Firm policy is hybrid–working in the office a minimum of 3 days per week, and working from home the rest of the week (subject to change)
PAY TYPE : Hourly
ANNUAL PAY RANGE: $63,000-$100,000
Please Note: The hourly and/or annual salary amount is based on a *good faith* compensation analysis in pursuant of California Bill 1162, Section 432.3. Final starting salary/wage is dependent on the candidate’s experience level, industry expertise, skills and other factors that are defined in the job description.
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
- Commuter, HSA and FSA Spending Accounts
- Short-term and Long-term Disability and Life Insurance Coverage
- 401k and Pension Plans
- Up to 27 PTO Days, 11 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus ($3,000.00)
- Professional Development Training
- Fertility Support Benefits
- Back-Up (Family) Care Advantage and Employee Assistance Program
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact HR Assistant, Shawn Tato, at 215-979-1224.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with ourWebsite Disclaimerand (if applicable) our relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information).
Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris.
Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.