JOB TITLE: Compensation Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
SUMMARY: Provide market-competitive salary recommendations and advice on pay decisions, job evaluations and policy interpretations for non-attorney staff. Research job requirements and evaluate positions to ensure competitive pay practices. Follow processes and procedures established to promote fair pay practices. Maintain and monitor the effectiveness of firm compensation programs.
- Prepare and maintain job descriptions for staff positions; work with managers to ensure descriptions accurately reflect job responsibilities and skills required for each job; evaluate jobs to determine appropriate FLSA classification
- Benchmark jobs against market-based compensation surveys and other market intelligence to determine competitive pay ranges for each position
- Advise and recommend new hire salaries and merit-based, equity and promotional salary adjustments; Consult with managers to identify and resolve compensation issues.
- Coordinate annual salary budget preparation with finance department.Provide market data for new/replacement jobs.Monitor trends and market changes and re-evaluates jobs on an ongoing basis
- Utilize SAP Success Factors compensation system to coordinate twice a year, common date salary increase review processes for Staff and Legal Administrative employees; provide coaching and assistance to managers as necessary with salary review process
- Support the performance and salary review process, including launching and updating electronic worksheets, managing employee lists and ensuring that managers and employees meet deadlines for completion of evaluations and self-evaluations
- Maintain current salary-market database of all jobs and work to automate retrieval/collection of market data. Maintain job code database in HR System.
- Coordinate Firm’s holiday gift and paralegal bonus program
- Prepare ad hoc reports and special pay analyses.
- Prepare salary analysis and salary worksheet for Asian offices; assist with performance evaluation process for London office
1. Assists with other HR projects, as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; related HR certification preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience administering compensation and performance management programs required; law firm experience is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with various compensation surveys
- Proficiency using MS Word and Excel
- Experience utilizing HR information systems; SAP product experience is a plus
- Must have knowledge of compensation related laws, regulations and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements.