JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Coordinator
SUMMARY: Responsible for processing attorney license renewals and voluntary membership dues; client cost check requests for the Immigration Practice Group; and record operating account activity incurred by the outer offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and process payment for all voluntary bar membership check requests as well as maintain a schedule of memberships for each attorney.
- Review and process payment for all attorney licensing registration fees. Maintain a schedule of each jurisdiction and attorneys licensed in that jurisdiction to ensure they are compliant.
- Review, code, and process all Homeland Security check requests submitted by the Immigration Practice Group.
- Record all operating account activity incurred by the outer offices.
- Mail checks and maintain orderly and complete files and copies of all paid invoices.
- Provide payment information, such as check date and cancelled checks, to requestor.
- Perform all work related to area of responsibility accurately and on a timely basis.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of one year related experience required in a legal/service industry preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent required. Associates’ degree in related field preferred.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Aderant and/or Elite and Chrome River experience a plus.
- Detail oriented; ability to work accurately and in a timely manner. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with related staff members.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, 401(k) with firm match, pension, life insurance and generous PTO.