Summary: Provides full-time Reception desk coverage in the Duane Morris Conference Center. Responsibilities include transferring calls to appropriate individuals and departments, along with coordinating daily meeting room set-up, food services, and audio-visual needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and transfer incoming calls and greet guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Utilize room reservation software (NFS) to assist and manage with meeting room bookings for Philadelphia office, and other US offices as needed.
- Provide recommendations for conference room selection to accommodate meeting needs such as anticipated headcount, and/or video or audio conferencing needs.
- Assist with placing catering orders with food services for in-house meetings.
- Monitor all meeting activity in conf. center and coordinate set up/clean up as needed.
- Providing administrative support (scanning, copying, fax routing) for internal and external guests.
- Coordinate desk coverage with other Philadelphia Receptionists for lunch breaks, trainings, vacation, and illness.
- Coordinate equipment deliveries with mailroom and information services personnel for room set up, including delivery of flipcharts, easels, and all meeting related audio-visual equipment and furniture.
- Communicate service calls and repairs on an as needed basis to the appropriate service departments.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Ability to multi-task and good organizational skills required.
- Two to three years of related job experience in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish-English preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to anticipate client and attorney needs to ensure seamless operation of conference center activity.
- Knowledge of Philadelphia area, including local restaurants, hotels and cultural attractions.
- Ability to prepare conference rooms and equipment for each meeting in a timely, organized and effective manner.
- Must be a confident, independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and interact with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients, while safeguarding confidentiality.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to lift and move furniture/equipment as needed (up to 25 lbs).