The Marketing and Business Development Coordinator will work closely with a wide and varied mix of colleagues across the entire firm, including our 900+ lawyers, 40+ MBD colleagues, and our many friends in other administrative departments, all in support of various practice, industry, and firm initiatives. Varied responsibility in a front-line/hands-on role, including rankings/awards/surveys, competitive intelligence/research, budget, as well as numerous other day-to-day client-focused initiatives and special projects. This role includes independent management of select long-range activities and is an excellent space in which to build/expand your writing, organizational and project management skills. Responsiveness, proactivity, detail-orientation, curiosity, ability to remain calm under pressure, and an unwavering commitment to client service are mandatory for success in this role. A sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with lawyers, managers, and colleagues.
- Keep up with Duane Morris best practices, templates and styles to ensure consistent deliverables. Identify and implement best practices to improve current efforts.
- Own, create and manage submissions to key award and ranking organizations, surveys, directories, and similar, such as Chambers, Legal 500, Law360, etc. This includes outreach to lawyers and colleagues alike and proactive full-cycle management from planning/targeting, calendars, outreach, drafting, submission, and internal and external reporting/announcement.
- Develop relationships with key external organizations/researchers/stakeholders to support and improve year over year efforts and to identify and implement best practices.
- Proactively seek out projects and opportunities to advance knowledge and skills.
- Special projects and other duties as bandwidth dictates will also provide potential exposure and experience across the spectrum of large law firm MBD needs.
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of and fluency with key practice and industry areas, as well as key clients.
- Previous exposure in the lawyer/law firm rankings area would be a plus.
- Strong business sense/awareness – current events, competitive analysis/research, opportunity evaluation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a project team.
- Respond promptly and positively to requests for service and assistance.
- Proficient in Office Suite and general web research. InterAction and legal research tools (e.g., Thomson Monitor, Hoovers) a plus.
- Must be outgoing, comfortable demonstrating initiative, and able to think critically and creatively.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and focus on responsiveness.
- 2-5+ years related experience. Experience with an AmLaw 100 firm a plus.
- College degree. English or other writing-intensive background helpful.
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, vision, and prescription plans
- Commuter, HSA and FSA spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance coverage
- 401k and pension plan
- 20 vacations days, 11 paid holidays
- Employee referral bonus ($3,000.00)
- Professional development training
- Back-up (family) care advantage and employee assistance program
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Shawn Tato, HR Assistant at 215-979-1224.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with ourWebsite Disclaimerand (if applicable) our relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information).
Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris.
Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
Data Privacy Statement
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.