OVERVIEW: Duane Morris LLP, a global law firm with 900+ attorneys in offices across the U.S. and around the world, offers innovative solutions to the legal and business challenges presented by today’s evolving global markets.
SUMMARY: The Marketing and Business Development Assistant will work closely with the Firm’s Workplace Class Action Group in support of marketing initiatives including cold pitching, social media and public relations initiatives. Reporting to the Marketing & Business Development Specialist, this position will also handle general administrative tasks in support of the marketing team.
- Assist with preparing marketing and public relations materials
- Draft and publish content for social media
- Conduct research and analyze websites from relevant sources
- Assist with quality control process for social media and email campaigns
- Draft cold pitches
- Maintain database of business development opportunities
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with lawyers, managers, and colleagues.
- Keep up with Duane Morris best practices, templates and styles to ensure consistent deliverables. Identify and implement best practices to improve current efforts.
- Assist with submissions to key award and ranking organizations, surveys, directories, and similar, such as Chambers, Legal 500, Law360, etc.
- Develop relationships with key external organizations/researchers/stakeholders to support and improve year over year efforts and to identify and implement best practices.
- Proactively seek out projects and opportunities to advance knowledge and skills.
- Special projects and other duties as necessary to meet marketing objectives
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- This position will be based in the Duane Morris Chicago office
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Previous exposure in the lawyer/law firm area would be a plus.
- Strong business sense/awareness – current events, competitive analysis/research, opportunity evaluation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a project team.
- Respond promptly and positively to requests for service and assistance.
- Proficient in Office Suite and general web research. InterAction and legal research tools (e.g., Thomson Monitor, Hoovers) a plus.
- Must be outgoing, comfortable demonstrating initiative, and able to think critically and creatively.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and focus on responsiveness.
- 0-1 year of related experience. Experience with an AmLaw 100 firm a plus.
- College degree required. Liberal arts or other writing-intensive background helpful (a writing sample will be required
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, vision, and prescription plans
- Commuter, HSA and FSA spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance coverage
- 401k and pension plan
- 22 PTO days, 11 paid holidays
- Employee referral bonus ($3,000.00)
- Professional development training
- Back-up (family) care advantage and employee assistance program
EEO STATEMENT: Duane Morris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Shawn Tato, HR Assistant at 215-979-1224.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: Duane Morris LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of Delaware. References in this privacy notice to “Duane Morris”, “we” or “us” are references to Duane Morris LLP and our affiliated entities. This privacy notice together with ourWebsite Disclaimerand (if applicable) our relevant terms of business or other contract between us (if applicable) set out the basis on which Duane Morris processes your personal data (and any mandated controller/processor information).
Reference in this privacy notice to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information. Our “Website” means this website and any other websites of Duane Morris.
Duane Morris is committed to protecting personal data and respecting your privacy.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data and how we treat it and how you can exercise your rights in connection with it. You should also read any other privacy notices that we give to you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances from time to time.
Data Privacy Statement
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements. In addition, Duane Morris reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any benefit plan, in whole or in part, at any time. The authority to make such changes rests with the Plan Administrator.