JOB TITLE: Technical Training Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Document Production and Support Services
SUMMARY: Manages the development, coordination, and administration of technical training programs within the document production department; test and research software applications in collaboration with Information Services; assist with implementation and training on new software applications; troubleshoot and provide technical assistance as it relates to document production on a firm-wide basis
1. Manages the design, evaluation, selection and delivery of high quality technical skills training. Customizes technical training programs to meet the needs and enhance the technical skills of the document production and secretarial support department
2. Conducts ongoing training needs assessments and collaborates with the Manager of Support Services and Technical Development to deliver technical training
3. Facilitates training sessions; conducts informal and one-on-one training as needed
4. Creates and maintains training documentation such as quick reference guides and other tools to facilitate learning; Revises design of training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness.
5. Serves as an internal resource for testing and researching new applications before release and implementation
6. Serves as internal expert on technical document production tools including MS Word and MS Excel
7. Manages training credits of document production staff
8. Coordinates training efforts with Information Services training manager and staff, as well as others as needed for implementation of new software applications
1. Performs other special projects as requested
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
1. Minimum five years of professional experience related to developing and administering technical training required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
2. Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint with relevant Microsoft Certification preferred.
3. Proven ability to assess training needs, develop and execute high quality technical training programs.
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision and initiate programs with limited guidance.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and interact with a diverse group of contacts and provide information with professional courtesy and tact.
6. Excellent analytical and project management skills.
7. Team orientation required; ability to maintain good working relations with co-workers, attorneys, management and other staff.
8. Possess excellent organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize and successfully accomplish numerous tasks and projects and complete them under strict time constraints.
9. Ability to work accurately and in a timely manner.
10. Ability to travel to firm offices as required
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities or requirements.